Yayyy!!! I am so overwhelmed with this appreciation! I am so happy that ‘The Burning of the Map’ has been noticed and nominated. A bunch of thank you flowers and a big hug to you the wonderful Sonja Thorsvik & your lovely Yo-Yo !
Follow her Blue Crabs from Maryland that loves immigration stampings and smoked sea salt; and did I mention her classy view through the lens?! Kudos to you, Sonja, this nomination will remain special and I accept it with all the maps I have:)
Well, as part of accepting the nomination I write 7 things about me and nominate 7 others. Here I go!
7 Things about me!
- I love waking up late. But only on working days!) When I’m holidaying, people have complained about me being like a somnambulism patient!
- Looking ahead for a big big holiday very soon! Fingers crossed, if everything falls at place then probably there’s another major map at stake…! No, I shall keep the secret!
- I am from one of the most picturesque villages in the Western Ghats of Karnataka, Southern India (Yes, I am bragging here!) and I look forward to taking all of you on a walk-around my beautiful hamlet!
- I’m a real miser while on travel; at least my friends say so for my shoe string planning of travels and those kaleidoscopic spreadsheets I prepare!
- Don’t really know when this travel bug crept on me and bit! Because, if I knew it was going to be then probably I wouldn’t have got an Engineering degree!
- Have a multiple entry visa to the United States valid until 2020 but never been there! L Now if you ask then why & how I got one? Long story! But in case you know anyone who wants to fund then you know whom to point the finger at! I promise you souvenirs!)
- Dream to do something about the tourism sector in Karnataka! It’s definitely not in the right hands, if not wrong ones!
7 Blogs that I nominate and why!
- Mom of an adorable daughter – I just love the way she narrates little R’s adventures while reading through the lovely little sunshine’s mind!
- Get Set and Go will definitely leave you getting set to go on a trip, at least to Europe!
- Jane’s been a fan of Incredible India all her life and her love for travel amuses me!
- If there’s one spirit I can look ahead for inspiration then it ought to be the Travel Spirit. Bon Voyage for your African escape!
- Never seen food & fashion come together so beautiful and eye-catching. The Wasp, with the fig is a class!
- That and this may be away from Mumbai but the charming writings still keep coming whichever part of the world Sudha is in!
- One amazing couple finding love & confidence in every continent. I envy you both. 🙂 Bon Voyage!
Thank you to all who have taken time to see the map burn. This appreciation and accolade has just made me feel awesome! Thanks again to the incredible Blue Crab!